Amanda Goetz VP of Marketing at The Knot shares what community building and creating a social following actually looks like. Seriously, how do we do that?
Other show topics: On Covid-19, why did it hurt digital engagement, and are there silver linings? Plus, politicians’ petty fighting is a great example of why your leaders shouldn’t make employees take sides.
Jump To Topic:
Show Notes and Resources
I’ve captured all my notes, resources, and relevant links below. Hit the contact option in the menu below if you think I left something out.
Covid-19’s Impact On Business Has A Silver LiningPlay Segment ▶️
- Here’s the full story on Kellogg’s and Post
- Here’s the New Yorker story on the Post vs Kellogg’s story
- Here’s the link for Table 128
- Here’s the link to The Atlantic article on the state of restaurants
- Here’s the article on Ryan Spong, the CEO of Foodee
Amanda Goetz, Vice President of TheKnot.comPlay Segment ▶️
- Check out Amanda’s website here.
- Go to TheKnot.com if you are getting married or know anyone getting married (or at least should be.)
- Follow Amanda on Twitter.
Taking Sides: Bad for D.C. and Bad For YouPlay Segment ▶️
- Republicans used to be more worried about Covid-19, now Democrats are according to Gallup.
- Read this article about facts not changing our feelings in The New Yorker.
- I still can’t find the article that gives your team permission to “take it back” Help?
Digital Numbers Are Down. There’s a ReasonPlay Segment ▶️
- Why are digital numbers down for some of us? Here’s my article.