Rob Angel, the creator of Pictionary, explains how he sold his creation door to door and how he walked away from a major deal with one of the biggest game manufacturers in the country. What does this guy, who built his business around in-person collaboration think about remote work’s sustainability?
I also examine why Roku is winning the streaming game, why banks are ridiculous, and the shocking amount of Americans that don’t trust the media.
Jump To Topic:
Is customer service bad right now for everyone or just me? ▶️
The last two weeks have been crazy and numerous companies I’ve done business with have been downright awful to work with. What is going on?
Rob Angel, Creator of Pictionary ▶️
- Check out Rob Angel’s official website here.
- Buy Rob Angel’s book, Game Changer.
- Thanks to Troy Rutter for the intro to Rob
- Click a topic to jump to that part of the interview.
- Rob discusses Pictionary in pop-culture
- Rob discusses how he sold such a simple concept to buyers. It’s more than just a game.
- Rob explains how he sold Pictionary in the early days and how he interested retailers.
- Rob discusses how he found partners
- Rob made his living off of shared collaborative experiences. What does he think about remote work?
- Rob explained why he walked away from a million dollar deal as a 26-year old with Milton Bradley.
- How did Rob feel as Pictionary hit some hard times?
- Rob describes the lesson behind his new book Game Changer
WHY are banks so stupid? ▶️
Seriously, banks are completely idiotic. How can an entity obsessed with security still rely on pieces of paper floating around that have your bank account info?
Americans REALLY don’t trust the news. Yikes ▶️
- Check out PEW Research on American’s lack of trust in the media.
Roku is winning the streaming war? How ▶️
- Roku is winning the streaming war according to The Hustle for cool stories like this one.
Get Media Exposure In 10 Days
If you’re an entrepreneur or tech exec, imagine what getting a major press hit would do for your company. Sign up, and I’ll send you a free PDF guide to get more press in just 10 days. I’ll also send SEO, content resources, and guest Q&A access. Enter your name and email, and it will arrive in the next 5 minutes.