Bruce Daisley, former Twitter exec, and Googler calls out work hour boasters and explains why too many hours makes you a useless worker. Also, in this show we discuss how to communicate to your staff about Covid19, and a I explain why leading work from home employees does require you to retrain your managers. (quickly)
Subscribe to The Justin Brady Show
Resources and Links
Checking my work? Good for you. Below you will find all show notes, links and guest information. Get to it!
Covid-19 Silver Linings & Future Impact
Starts 01:08 Listen to clip >
- Facebook is giving 1k to employees for Covid19 preparedness. The Hill
- Shopify led the charge giving 1k to employees for Covid19 preparedness. CNBC
- American restaurants are going to take a pounding… but there is a silver lining. The Atlantic
- Amazon is hiring 100,000 people Amazon Blog
Bruce Daisley, on Work Culture & Work Hour Boasters
Starts at 12:03 Listen to clip >
- Bruce Daisley’s new book Eat Sleep Work Repeat is out. Buy it here.
- Learn more about Bruce Daisley or book him for a fun talk on his personal website.
- Call Bruce Daisley’s bad boss helpline.
Leader Communication During A Crisis
Starts at 47:21 Listen to clip >
- Covid-19 tests our normalcy bias. Don’t fall victim to this bias. Psychology Today
- What leadership must do right now. Report from McKinsey
- Guide for CEOs during Covid-19. Report from Bain.
Managing Work From Home Employees Requires Method Changes
Starts 58:00 Listen to clip >
- Leadership breaks when you work from home. Learn Vicki Brackett‘s management methods.
- BUY Vicki Brackett’s book The Leadership Tool Box