Bruce Daisley, former Twitter exec, and Googler calls out work hour boasters and explains why too many hours makes you a useless worker. Also, in this show we discuss how to communicate to your staff about Covid19, and a I explain why leading work from home employees does require you to retrain your managers. (quickly)
Covid-19 Silver Linings & Future Impact
Starts 01:08 Listen to clip >
- Facebook is giving 1k to employees for Covid19 preparedness. The Hill
- Shopify led the charge giving 1k to employees for Covid19 preparedness. CNBC
- American restaurants are going to take a pounding… but there is a silver lining. The Atlantic
- Amazon is hiring 100,000 people Amazon Blog
Bruce Daisley, on Work Culture & Work Hour Boasters
Starts at 12:03 Listen to clip >
- Bruce Daisley’s new book Eat Sleep Work Repeat is out. Buy it here.
- Learn more about Bruce Daisley or book him for a fun talk on his personal website.
- Call Bruce Daisley’s bad boss helpline.
Leader Communication During A Crisis
Starts at 47:21 Listen to clip >
- Covid-19 tests our normalcy bias. Don’t fall victim to this bias. Psychology Today
- What leadership must do right now. Report from McKinsey
- Guide for CEOs during Covid-19. Report from Bain.
Managing Work From Home Employees Requires Method Changes
Starts 58:00 Listen to clip >
- Leadership breaks when you work from home. Learn Vicki Brackett‘s management methods.
- BUY Vicki Brackett’s book The Leadership Tool Box