February 19th, 2020
Topics in today’s show: Who really owns your data (is it even yours?) How can retailers stay competitive and even beat the big guys? Why does health insurance take the blame for our entire healthcare failures? Also, a huge majority of applicants are lying, and I think the company’s hiring practices fired the first shot.
Do you actually own your data?
- Here’s the article from Salon titled Corporations shouldn’t be allowed to own your personal data at all
- Here’s the article from The New York Times about Andrew Pole and Target’s pregnancy ads.
- Here’s the report from BAIN about the 5 retail categories that will be sustainable.
- Here’s the article from The Wall Steet Journal about collecting data and changing product placement in retail
- Here’s that Quartz article I wrote about retailers targeting consumers directly.
- Here’s my interview with John Hickenlooper and Andrew Yang about breaking up big tech & retail.
Applicants Are Lying… A Lot.
- Here’s the article from Business Insider and Checkster about pervasive applicant lying
- Applicants are ghosting employers in record numbers